Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fantasy Beastie Boys Concert

The Beastie Boys are one of my all time favorite groups. I'm not even going to get into how good they are/were. A few years ago, I finally scored tickets for one of their, somewhat uncommon, concerts. Unfortunately, MCA was diagnosed with cancer and the show was canceled. Earlier this year, he passed away. I've seen Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Mavis Staples, and Public Enemy. Besides Bob Dylan, the Beastie Boys were the last must see acts for me. I'll never get that chance.
Unless...
Here's what I'm suggesting: They do a show, where the crowd sings only MCA's lines. They can't sing along with Adrock or Mike D. They can put the lyrics up on a big screen behind them with a bouncing ball to help with the timing. Let MCA's spirit live on through the fans. Let's celebrate the group one last time.
I leave you with a clip of Jay-Z filling in for the Beastie Boys at a live show. This looks like too much fun.



Chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment