Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Is 'Back To The Future' The Best Move Ever?

So I was thinking about 'Back to the Future', as I'm prone to do, when I got to wondering...
Is there any other movie quite like it?
I can't think of any other movie with the same tone as 'Back to the Future'. It's action and high drama, but with a fun, light-hearted mood.
We have a teen protagonist, but he's completely selfless. He saves the world, but receives no accolades; his altered future is merely a bonus. He doesn't have a compelling love interest, just a girl he's sweet on. His only motivation is to save his family and return to his time. He doesn't hope to alter his bleak future, he simply wants to protect it.
I think this is the cornerstone of why the movie is so universal. It uses a young adult, acting out gags a child would find amusing, while preserving values that older people would enjoy. The movie has no target audience; it works for everyone. I can't think of another movie that can possibly please as many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment